There is so much information about karma. Karma is cause and effect. Karma is fatalistic. Karma is the sum of all actions of a person in one of his successive states of existence, viewed as deciding his fate for the next. Karma is volitional action, or that is done knowingly or deliberately. Karma is made up of Prarabdha (so much of past actions as has given rise to the present birth), Sanchita (the balance of past actions that will give rise to future births – the storehouse of accumulated actions), Agami or Kriyamana (acts being done in the present life).
All of that is true. Simply put, Karma is displacement. It is the state of being ‘besides one self’. This is the reason, why the law of karma is typically inevitable. The root cause from which all causes spawned, is the cause of the displacement from self. The displacement is self individuation. Imagine a point out of which all of a sudden an infinite yo-yos, shot out. Each yo-yo oscillates on its own, coming closer and going farther, from the point of origin. As long as yo-yo doesn’t reach the origin, it oscillates back and forth. This is karma. The back and forth oscillation.
We are special yo-yos, we are autonomous yo yos. We can control whether we wish to continue oscillating or rush back to the origin. All we have to understand, that there is an origin.
- Theory of Karma and Jeevan Muktas, the Realised Souls- Their Road ahead (hindumind.wordpress.com)
- Karma, some peo… (sensoria300.wordpress.com)
- Karma (sharadarao.wordpress.com)
- Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma Kaaar-en (eberls.com)
- Yoga Sutra Study – 4.7 (tirisulayoga.wordpress.com)
- Weekend 8 Notes & Homework Oct 17-19 (kulaannextt2013.wordpress.com)